Flash Okey -Traditional Turkish Board Game-
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- This fabulous complete board game includes 106 game tiles – 2 Jokers + 104 Tiles – 1 to 13 in 4 colours: red, blue, yellow, green..
- First, the winner is decided by melding 14 tiles or by obtaining
7 pairs that the same value and colour. This is very similar to
traditional Rummy, even though there are some differences.
- However, by being the first to get rid of your hand, your
opponents will be marked down accordingly. Before we get to the
scoring, there are some other aspects that need to be covered.
- Each player is given 14 tiles and a die is cast to see who will
play first. The rotation of playing will be counterclockwise,
beginning with whoever was chosen to play. After the order is
chosen, a joker tile is picked by simply picking the next tile
and flipping it over. The joker tile is actually one number
higher than what is flipped, but must be the same colour.
- Once everything is in order, the game can now start. Tallying Points
As stated earlier, points are subtracted from each player,
depending on how the winner was chosen. If the winner
successfully won by using a joke tile or by finding 7 pairs, 4
points are taken from all of the remaining players. However, if
there was no special winning stipulation, only 2 points are taken
from the remaining players.